Australian man and son electrocuted while trying to fix a pool pump


By Alice Richard
Thursday, 17 August, 2017


An Australian man and his son have been electrocuted after the man attempted to fix a pool pump at his home in Thailand. Andrew Fenwick died from an electric shock while trying to repair the pump and his son, Jason, was electrocuted shortly afterwards while trying to help him, The Sydney Morning Herald has reported.

Security guards at the housing estate in southern Rayong province were alerted to the deaths when Fenwick’s other son, four-year-old Justin, ran out of the house and told them about the incident.

Before retiring to Thailand, Fenwick spent more than 30 years working around the world as a construction manager.

“This is terrible. I’m heartbroken. My husband and son gone at the same time,” Fenwick’s wife, Somrudi Krailob Fenwick, reportedly told local media. “Andrew was so confident with tools; he was an engineer. I don’t know how this has happened.”

The bodies have been sent to the Institute of Forensic Science for further examination.

Related News

Singapore installs drowning detection technology in public pools

After extensive testing, national agency Sport Singapore will install computer vision drowning...

Are compulsory gate alarms the answer?

The recent drowning death of a toddler in Western Australia has led the boy's mother to speak...

Commercial fibreglass filters drive growth for Waterco

Waterco has expanded both its product line and manufacturing capability in response to sustained...


  • All content Copyright © 2019 Westwick-Farrow Pty Ltd