World-first Aquasphere Waterslide for Frankston
The world’s first Aquasphere Family Raft Ride, featuring high-speed twists and drops, fully enclosed spheres with light and sound shows, and 90° corners, will soon be revealed at Frankston’s new Regional Aquatic Recreation Centre, due to open in mid 2014.
Joining the Aquasphere will be the Constrictor slide, a feature ride at Wet’n’Wild, with a series of spirals and tight high-banking turns.
The family slide complex, which also includes an interactive aquatic playground for young children, is being provided by Whitewater West, which boast over 700 installations in water parks worldwide.
Frankston City Council Mayor, Cr Sandra Mayer said: “We are incredibly thrilled to unveil the world’s first Aquasphere at our centre and know it will be an outstanding attraction for the local community and beyond.”
Program pool hall
- The program pool balance tanks are complete and approximately 30% of the lid to the balance tank has been poured.
- External formwork to the program pool walls has been erected.
- The base of the program pool is now complete.
Main pool hall
- Approximately 70% of the base of the 50-metre pool has been poured.
- The 50-metre pool balance and backwash tanks are now complete.
- Approximately 60% of the external formwork to the walls of the 50-metre pool has been completed and reinforcement has commenced.
- Pool filtration pipe work has been installed progressively with the wall and slab reinforcement for the 50-metre pool.
- The base of the rainwater harvest tank has been completed and formwork to the walls commenced.
- The concrete tiered seating to the main pool hall has been completed up to grid 21.
- Bulk excavation of the new slide balance tank and plant room has been completed.
Fluidra is adding to its stable of competition facility builds, with a contract to supply three...
Sydney's first water restrictions in a decade were announced late May and came into effect 1...
NSW security of payments laws have come into effect, requiring head contractors to provide the...