Pool construction essentials training
SPASA Victoria is presenting a one-day course on 'Pool Construction Essentials'. Hosted by a panel of industry experts, participants will gain an overview of the swimming pool and spa industry along with swimming pool construction basics in this one-day course.
Perfect for new staff or as a refresher course, the course covers the following topics:
- Contracts, quoting, handover, set-out and steel fixing, plumbing and spraying
- Design and selling
- Risk management and insurance
- Permits, inspection schedule, compliance to regulations and standards
- Occupational Health & Safety obligations
- Swimming pool engineering
- Practitioner Q&A.
After completing the course, attendees will have a clear understanding of:
- The pool building environment, including legal responsibilities and compliance obligations
- The importance of design and engineering
- The importance of effective communication with all stakeholders — particularly the pool owner — during contract negotiation, set-out, installation and handover.
The course is running at the SPASA Victoria office on Thursday, 2 August 2018 between 8.30 am and 4.30 pm. It is $135 for members or $235 for non-members. For further info, visit the SPASA Victoria training page here.
Fluidra is adding to its stable of competition facility builds, with a contract to supply three...
Sydney's first water restrictions in a decade were announced late May and came into effect 1...
NSW security of payments laws have come into effect, requiring head contractors to provide the...