Pool construction essentials training
SPASA Victoria is presenting a one-day course on 'Pool Construction Essentials'. Hosted by a panel of industry experts, participants will gain an overview of the swimming pool and spa industry along with swimming pool construction basics in this one-day course.
Perfect for new staff or as a refresher course, the course covers the following topics:
- Contracts, quoting, handover, set-out and steel fixing, plumbing and spraying
- Design and selling
- Risk management and insurance
- Permits, inspection schedule, compliance to regulations and standards
- Occupational Health & Safety obligations
- Swimming pool engineering
- Practitioner Q&A.
After completing the course, attendees will have a clear understanding of:
- The pool building environment, including legal responsibilities and compliance obligations
- The importance of design and engineering
- The importance of effective communication with all stakeholders — particularly the pool owner — during contract negotiation, set-out, installation and handover.
The course is running at the SPASA Victoria office on Thursday, 2 August 2018 between 8.30 am and 4.30 pm. It is $135 for members or $235 for non-members. For further info, visit the SPASA Victoria training page here.
NSW security of payments laws have come into effect, requiring head contractors to provide the...
Tweed Shire Council has installed its largest solar system to date on a council facility, saving...
Scientists are calling for people to check their rainwater tanks, after new research revealed...