NZ industry names its top pool builders
Our counterparts across the ditch are producing some outstanding work. The New Zealand Master Pool Builders (NZMPB) 2016–2017 Photographic Competition winners have been announced and, having been invited to join the judging panel, I can attest to the quality of the entries. In many cases, it was very difficult to decide on a winner as there was so much fantastic work showcased.
NZMPB CEO Larry Ogden said he was so impressed by the high standard of entries that he decided to institute a special President’s Highly Commended award.
Carlos Morgan of Morgan Pools dominated the competition, taking home three gold and three silver awards. Paul Fuller of Acacia Pools & Landscaping also did well, receiving one gold, one silver and two bronze awards.
Gold medal winners were:
- Residential 1 (Pools under $50K): Ron Dixon, Cascade Pools Auckland
- Residential 2 (Pools >$50K <$100K): Paul Fuller, Acacia Pools & Landscaping
- Residential 3 (Pools >$100K): Carlos Morgan, Morgan Pools
- Commercial Pools: Alvin Crosby, Acqua Pools & Spas
- Environmental swimming pool settings: Carlos Morgan, Morgan Pools
- Best swimming pool refurbishment: Carlos Morgan, Morgan Pools
The competition was judged by six independent judges and the results checked and certified by the competition organiser. To see the full list of winners, plus photographs of all entries, visit www.poolguild.org.nz.
Fluidra is adding to its stable of competition facility builds, with a contract to supply three...
Sydney's first water restrictions in a decade were announced late May and came into effect 1...
NSW security of payments laws have come into effect, requiring head contractors to provide the...