LATICRETE celebrates 60 years of industry firsts
LATICRETE celebrates its 60th birthday in 2016. Far from contemplating retirement, the company continues the commitment to product innovation that has been key to its success.
Its dedication to improving building materials and a policy of never settling for ‘good enough’ has resulted in LATICRETE introducing many industry firsts over its 60-year history.
Some highlights from the company’s extensive portfolio of industry firsts from 1956 to 2016 include:
- 1956: LATICRETE 4237 — first latex thin-set mortar.
- 1958: LATICRETE 301/335 — first thin load-bearing, trowel-applied waterproof membrane.
- 1966: LATICRETE 210 — first cement-based epoxy resin.
- 1974: LATICRETE 9235 — first thin liquid cold-applied load-bearing waterproof membrane.
- 1975: First toll-free tech support.
- 1981: First domestic and international school for tile setters
- 1985: LATAPOXY SP-100 — first ‘user-friendly’ 100% epoxy resin grout.
- 1991: First comprehensive, written material and labour guarantee.
- 1993: LATAPOXY 200 — first industrial-strength 100% epoxy resin grout which exceeds ANSI 118.5.
- 2003: SPECTRALOCK Grout — patented technology; stain and chemical resistance performance combined with easy installation.
- 2003: Microban — first to incorporate antimicrobial agents into line of products.
- 2005: SPECTRALOCK PRO Grout — improved version complies with ANSWI A118.3 and offers increased stain resistance.
- 2007: HYDRO BAN — first liquid-applied waterproof membrane that allows for 24-hour flood testing, direct bond to plumbing fixtures and does not require reinforcing fabric.
- 2010: Microsoft TAG — first to incorporate mobile tagging features on product packaging and marketing tools, allowing customers to access complete product and company information on their mobile device.
- 2013: STRATA MAT — patented uncoupling underlayment offers industry-first ‘mortar hydration vents’ to provide increased mechanical bond and faster drying times; allows for polymer-modified mortar usage with porcelain tile.
- 2014: LATICRETE acquires L&M Construction Chemicals, STONETECH and HP SPARTACOTE.
- Happy birthday, LATICRETE!
Fluidra is adding to its stable of competition facility builds, with a contract to supply three...
Sydney's first water restrictions in a decade were announced late May and came into effect 1...
NSW security of payments laws have come into effect, requiring head contractors to provide the...