Proposed certification reforms
The NSW Government is progressing reforms to strengthen and simplify the building and certification system in NSW. The government proposes to replace the Building Professionals Act 2005 (BP Act), which regulates accredited certifiers, with the Building and Development Certifiers Bill 2018.
The Bill delivers on the government’s commitment to overhaul certifier regulation in its response to the statutory review of the BP Act through:
- clarifying certifiers’ roles and responsibilities;
- improving the independence of certifiers;
- tightening licensee probity requirements;
- improving complaint handling and disciplinary procedures for certifiers; and
- other reforms to streamline, modernise and update the structure and administration of the Act.
Now is the time to have your say. Visit the Building Professionals Board website to view the consultation documents and have your say by 5 pm on 4 September 2018.
Narellan Pools has announced a partnership with North America's largest pool company, Latham...
Want to win over the most difficult customers? Join the Communications in Action workshop,...
Spinal cord injury recovery organisation The Next Step has opened a brand new wellness hub,...