Proposed certification reforms
The NSW Government is progressing reforms to strengthen and simplify the building and certification system in NSW. The government proposes to replace the Building Professionals Act 2005 (BP Act), which regulates accredited certifiers, with the Building and Development Certifiers Bill 2018.
The Bill delivers on the government’s commitment to overhaul certifier regulation in its response to the statutory review of the BP Act through:
- clarifying certifiers’ roles and responsibilities;
- improving the independence of certifiers;
- tightening licensee probity requirements;
- improving complaint handling and disciplinary procedures for certifiers; and
- other reforms to streamline, modernise and update the structure and administration of the Act.
Now is the time to have your say. Visit the Building Professionals Board website to view the consultation documents and have your say by 5 pm on 4 September 2018.
LATICRETE Australia has appointed George Andriotis as technical sales rep for the Victorian and...
Poolwerx has recorded its most successful Learn2Swim Week to date, with 355 swim schools across...
SPASA Australia has issued a warning to industry members following a spike in phishing, scam and...