Proposed certification reforms
The NSW Government is progressing reforms to strengthen and simplify the building and certification system in NSW. The government proposes to replace the Building Professionals Act 2005 (BP Act), which regulates accredited certifiers, with the Building and Development Certifiers Bill 2018.
The Bill delivers on the government’s commitment to overhaul certifier regulation in its response to the statutory review of the BP Act through:
- clarifying certifiers’ roles and responsibilities;
- improving the independence of certifiers;
- tightening licensee probity requirements;
- improving complaint handling and disciplinary procedures for certifiers; and
- other reforms to streamline, modernise and update the structure and administration of the Act.
Now is the time to have your say. Visit the Building Professionals Board website to view the consultation documents and have your say by 5 pm on 4 September 2018.
Back in 1994, Ian Jenkins bought a swimming pool mobile maintenance franchise without ever...
Jim's Pool Care has confirmed it will continue its commitment and ongoing relationship with...
A Ballarat swim school has been convicted and fined $150,000 after a student became a...