A message for our Queensland readers...
...SPASA needs your help to secure critical industry training funding.
Industry training will assist in workforce development, provide career path opportunities for new entrants, improve staff retention, subsidise staff development costs and lift the industry’s professionalism.
To facilitate this, SPASA training has approached the Queensland Government to back the Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Building (CPC40808) with some much needed funding. Part of the process is to engage Queensland employers and seek letters of support for the qualification, which will demonstrate employer and industry demand.
SPASA is asking Queensland-based employers to provide their written support via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send through your thoughts on the importance of formalised training for the industry — either on company letterhead or via a company email address.
To get things moving, SPASA has provided a few thought-starters as follows:
- Our business has an urgent need to attract swimming pool and spa building trades people in order for our business to grow.
- The shortage of qualified staff (swimming pool and spa builders) means we are unable to take on any new work.
- We are unable to attract swimming pool and spa building new entrants due to competing trades that receive funding.
- Demand for swimming pools and spas is increasing at a level that is not in line with current workforce capabilities.
- Succession planning and career development is difficult for our niche industry without funding incentives.
- Accessing funding opportunities is important to our business in order to increase our professionalism, retain quality staff and provide career pathways to those people entering the industry.
- The importance of funding for the Cert. IV Swimming Pool and Spa Builder is vital in not only securing extra work, but also in ensuring the work that is currently being undertaken is of the highest quality.
- We are unable to quickly engage new swimming pool and spa builders when someone leaves our employ or retires.
- As a cyclical business, we always struggle to find swimming pool and spa builders.
If you would like further information, contact SPASA COO Spiros Dassakis on 02 9630 6300 or email@example.com.
More help is on its way for NSW farmers, as Daisy Pool Covers has pledged up to $5000.
Jim's Pool Care has passed a milestone and welcomed its 100th franchise owner.
The SPASA leadership convention will be held at the Hilton Hotel Adelaide on Friday, 2 August 2019.