SPASA training — what's on in 2017
Feeling inspired to do some extra training in the new year? Here’s what SPASA is offering in 2017.
Training by correspondence — available nationwide
- CPC40808: Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Building
- CPC40808QLD: Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Building (Qld pathway)
- CPP31212: Certificate III in Swimming Pool and Spa Service
- CPP41312: Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Service (only available through RPL — recognition of prior learning)
Short courses relating to CPP31212 Pool and Spa Service
All courses are held at the SPASA NSW/ACT offices in North Parramatta. For full details, click here.
Course dates for 2017 are:
Routine Pool Maintenance
- 20 to 22 March
- 22 to 24 May
- 28 to 30 August
Safe Handling of Chemicals
- 31 March
- 16 June
- 1 September
Monitor Pool Water Quality
- 28 April
- 31 July
- 15 September
Short courses relating to CPC40808 Swimming Pool & Spa Building
All courses are held at the SPASA NSW/ACT offices in North Parramatta. For full course details, click here.
Course dates for 2017 are:
Resolving Business Disputes and Preparing Contracts
- 28 March
- 27 June
Planning and Managing Finances in a Pool and Spa Building Business
- 18 April
- 25 July
Building Codes, Standards & Principles for Swimming Pools and Spas
- 16 May
- 22 August
Site Survey and Set-Out procedures
- 11 May
- 13 July
- 7 September
OH&S in the Building and Construction Workplace
- 20 June
- 19 September
Queensland: Winter pool building and service qualification program
SPASA Queensland will be calling for expressions of interest to run a winter school qualification program, which will focus on providing students with nationally accredited training that meets the licensing pathway requirements as prescribed by the QBCC (Queensland Building and Construction Commission).
- 4 to 5 March
- 18 to 19 March
- 1 to 2 April
The SPASA Queensland winter school qualification program specifically covers common supervision and planning skills for the construction industry, as well as the necessary skills to manage a swimming pool and spa building business.
Queensland licensing pathways
- Swimming pool construction, installation and maintenance (construction)
- Swimming pool construction, installation and maintenance (installation)
- Swimming pool construction, installation and maintenance (maintenance and accessories)
For more information about forthcoming courses, contact your state SPASA office.
SPASA Australia has acquired the Pool+Spa magazine and website from UM Media Co. to...
Head to Adelaide this August for the SPASA Australia 2019 Leadership Convention, featuing...
With the speed at which business is moving, the office and business set-up of the past is being...