Help shape the pool and spa industry
SPASA Australia is encouraging industry members to actively participate and influence a review of national qualifications for pool and spa builders and technicians.
It’s no secret that SPASA continually works to promote the industry and seek national recognition of pool and spa trades, so it has welcomed the appointment of ARTIBUS Innovation to review skills training and qualifications.
Commissioned by the Australian Government, ARTIBUS will speak to employers, workers, trainers, regulators, associations and other industry stakeholders to explore current and anticipated skills needs, examine data on enrolments and outcomes and make recommendations for change.
“The agreement represents the single biggest opportunity for long-term career development for the variety of skilled tradespeople within our industry. There aren’t too many opportunities in life to rewrite your trade and I would encourage all professionals to be involved in this project,” said SPASA CEO Lindsay McGrath.
SPASA wants to see marked improvement in national qualification outcomes for the current workforce and a mechanism for attracting new industry entrants via traineeship or apprenticeship arrangements, including school-based programs.
Nominations are now open for interested parties to join the Swimming Pool and Spa Building and Service Technical Advisory Groups (TAGs). The groups will provide specialist advice and make recommendations on qualifications under:
Why get involved?
TAGs provide guidance, feedback and advice to support development and implementation of the qualifications under review. This is your chance to:
- contribute, identify and validate the current and future industry training needs;
- provide guidance, feedback and advice to support content and structure of qualifications and skill sets;
- provide guidance and advice on articulation, specialist tools, equipment, software and industry conditions
- identify emerging risks and advise on their prevention, mitigation and management.
Who can take part?
Participation is open to:
- representatives of industry;
- registered training organisations;
- employee representatives;
- other members, who may be included in the group as required.
Nominations close COB on 18 April 2018.
SPASA Australia has acquired the Pool+Spa magazine and website from UM Media Co. to...
Head to Adelaide this August for the SPASA Australia 2019 Leadership Convention, featuing...
With the speed at which business is moving, the office and business set-up of the past is being...