AILDM Landscape Design Awards attract highest number of entries to date
By Alice Richard
Monday, 17 October, 2016
The Australian Institute of Landscape Designers and Managers (AILDM) has named the industry’s top performers at the Landscape Design Awards. Held in Melbourne for the first time in the event’s history, the awards attracted attendees from Victoria, Queensland and New South Wales.
The design competition attracted the highest number of entries ever received, with a notably large number of entries in the Educational/Institutional and Pro Bono categories, demonstrating the extent to which AILDM members are contributing to the community.
Steve Warner of Outhouse Design took home the evening’s most prestigious prize, the Allan Correy Award for Design Excellence.
“The company awarded tonight is one that has built an enviable reputation over many years, consistently delivering high-quality designs and being recognised many times in these very awards with several gold awards, silver awards and also Best in Category awards. It is an impressive body of work,” AILDM Fellow Catherine Stewart of GardenDrum said.
“I would like to make particular mention of the company’s pro bono work, as it reflects an attitude that good quality design should not just be the preserve of the wealthy, and that worthy projects should receive support from those of us who are able to give it.
“The principal of this company is someone who is passionate about designing high-quality landscapes, who also believes strongly in giving back to various communities, and also in the healing power of landscapes to change both people and places.”
The Best in Category Award winners were:
- Rooftop or Balcony Garden: Adam Robinson, Adam Robinson Design
- Residential Landscape Design less than 50 m2: Chris Weiss, Formation Landscapes
- Residential Landscape Design 51–150 m2: Julia Levitt, Sticks & Stones Landscape Design
- Residential Landscape Design more than 151 m2: Andrew Munro, Define Landscape Architecture
- Commercial Landscape Design Educational/Institutional: Steve Warner, Outhouse Design
- Plantscape Design: Aaron Worth, Utopia Landscape Design
- Landscape Management Environmental: Jonathan Weinert, JW Concepts
- Landscape Management Master Planning: Sally Arnold, Fiddlehead Landscape Design
- Landscape Design Pro Bono: Mark Tisdell, Mark Tisdell Urban Design MUD
- Recent Graduate Competition: Fiona Thompson
- Student Competition: Andrew McLeod
The full list of award recipients is available on the AILDM website: www.aildm.com.au.
Australia's top landscape designs have been named at the 2017 AILDM National Landscape Design...
Julie Krieger has been announced as the new chief executive officer of the LNA Master Landscapers...
AILDM has named the industry's top performers at the Landscape Design Awards. Held in...